Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Tofu: My New Best Friend



I am not usually a fan of tofu - it's squishy, white an weird and it tastes funny.

Or at least I thought I couldn't stomach it. Thanks to my gluten-free friend Alex, I now have a favorite tofu recipe that's quick, healthy and super easy.

The gluten-free dish introduced me to a new food: Kañiwa, which is a type of grain not unlike yummy quinoa in that it's loaded with protein.


Here's part of the recipe - get the rest of this yummy meal over at Alex's blog!

ROASTED VEG:

1 cup butternut squash; diced

1 cup carrots; diced

1 cup parsnips; diced

1 green apple; diced.

2 TBSP Olive Oil

2 TBSP balsamic vinegar

salt and pepper

3 sprigs of fresh thyme

Pre heat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and spread on to a sheet pan. Place in oven and roast until veggies are tender and golden.


*photo taken from http://www.dishn-out.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment