Thursday, April 17, 2014

Save Your Skin!


As summer approaches and we’re able to enjoy the sun on a daily basis, it’s crucial to protect our skin from the elements! The sun is strong and you can easily get a burn and damage your skin without even realizing it. There are other ways to protect your face from the sun in addition to stocking up on SPF sticks and sun lotions, or make up and powder infused with high SPFs.


I’ve got a secret weapon for outdoor runs, hikes, and even for those long drives in rush hour facing the sun...HATS! A hat is an essential part of workout gear that I use daily. They not only protect your face, your eyes, and even your highlights, but they also look cute!








If you aren’t sure where to start when it comes to picking out the best hat for you, here a few of ideas to get you started! 











Nike Seasonal Featherweight Hat   


($25, great for walking or jogging, as well as everyday wear, adjustable fit, and made with Dri-FIT fabric, available in 3 bright and summer-y colors)

Nike AW84 Adjustable Running Hat

($25, perfect for running, made from ultra lightweight, sweat resistant fabric, with reflective strips on the front and back)

Outdoor Research's Oasis Sombrero Sun Hat

 ($38, super comfortable and perfect for hiking or fishing, or walks on the beach, made of SolarShield™fabric that has a UPF 50+ to keep you protected, available in 4 colors)

 Asic's Women's Dawn-to-Dusk Running Visor

($18, lightweight, quick dry functionality, available in 3 colors, with reflective strips throughout, easy alternative for working out outdoors at any time of the day without getting "hat hair")

 GapFit GStride Running Hat

($20, simple and sleek design for all activities, mesh panels on each side for ventilation, available in black or white)

San Diego Sun Company Sun Hat

($42, oversized straw hat, perfect for outdoor events when you want to keep cool in a cute outfit)

JCREW Summer Straw Hat

($35, another great summer hat for everyday protection, available in navy or natural)

 REI's Ribbon Sun Hat

($25, wide brim with ribbon detail, plenty of coverage in a cute design, really easy to fold up for packing, bring this along on your next beach day or throw it on for a ride in a convertible)

Now let's all go hat shopping!

4 comments:

  1. I'm looking for a hat just like the one you're wearing in the second picture (woven top with black fabric brim). Do you know the brand/style? Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking for a hat like that as well and would love to know where you got it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was married at 32 and immediately tried to get pregnant. When I was unable to conceive I had blood tests for fertility and was told that I had an FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) of 54 and would not be able to have children. Even though the doctors knew that I had been diagnosed with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis since age 25, no one bothered to check my thyroid levels. my TSH was measured at .001. My Synthroid dosage was lowered. a friend advise me to contact a spiritualist who help with fertility with his medicine, i collected his contact and explain my situation to him he prepared for me a herbal medicine which i took as describe by him. became pregnant very quickly, I had a successful pregnancy. I have my baby august 2017. to get pregnant at age 35 with my 2nd child in september 2019, thank you sir , this is his email contact if you require his help babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka









    I was married at 32 and immediately tried to get pregnant. When I was unable to conceive I had blood tests for fertility and was told that I had an FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) of 54 and would not be able to have children. Even though the doctors knew that I had been diagnosed with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis since age 25, no one bothered to check my thyroid levels. my TSH was measured at .001. My Synthroid dosage was lowered. a friend advise me to contact a spiritualist who help with fertility with his medicine, i collected his contact and explain my situation to him he prepared for me a herbal medicine which i took as describe by him. became pregnant very quickly, I had a successful pregnancy. I have my baby august 2017. to get pregnant at age 35 with my 2nd child in september 2019, thank you sir , this is his email contact if you require his help babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka

    ReplyDelete