Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Trainer Tuesday! A Day in the Life of Hilary Curwen

Welcome Hilary Curwen to Trainer Tuesday! Hilary has been with Pilates Platinum for over a year and is known to give a great workout- both on the proformer AND the bike! Her Pilates and 30/30 Spin/Pilates classes are full of energy and very hands on. You'll especially love her classes if you're into yoga since Hilary tends to incorporate a bit of "yoga flare" into her workouts. Read below to see a day in Hilary's life, then come visit her on the west side and get moving!
A Day in the Life of Hilary Curwen
Pilates and Spin Instructor (Venice Beach and Brentwood Studios)

What are your favorite Pilates moves?
I love core work, Plank Wheel barrel  Catfish..etc (anything on the back)
I also love exercises that are supine on the carriage.. lower abdominals
are my jam! .

What is one of your favorite non-Pilates workouts?
I am a workout machine. I love hot yoga a few times a week; Corepower &
Modo.  Barry's Bootcamp is fabulous once a week to get kicked in the butt,
and of course running.

What’s your exercise routine like for a typical *week
Monday: afternoon yoga & maybe spin class at night
Tuesday: Pilates with jaime, then I teach  30 min spin after..
Wednesday: Classical Pilates in Hollywood or Barry's in Weho.
Thursday: I teach 45 min spin in the a.m, then do Pilates
Friday: Corepower yoga
Saturday: Pilates with Debi & I teach 30 min spin
Sunday: REST


What are some of your favorite healthy foods? 
*I love love love mushrooms. Raw, steamed, **sautéed, love it all.  I eat
veggies with almond cheese a lot lately, and make veggie spring rolls with
rice paper and tofu.  I eat pretty "vegan-like."*

What does your workout and eating schedule for a typical day like?
I wake up around 5:30 or 6 am, and the first thing I do is go to the
kitchen.  I have some coconut water and honestly eat whatever is in the
fridge that day.  Today I had sushi from the night before…   I love
smoothies, so I use coconut meat, protein powder and almond milk for a
creamy drink.  I then work for a few hours then do my workout for the day.
I am definitely a morning person so I like to get everything done early.
I am all over LA, so I find places to workout or bring running shoes and do
that in between appointments.  Always keeping clothes in the car has served
me well.   I eat every few hours and I love anything that has dates or nuts
in it.  Recently I have been making my own 'lara bars' for something sweet
in the afternoon.. I work early afternoons and nights then crash early
around 10pm..

See more of Hilary HERE in her Trainer Bio video!

No comments:

Post a Comment