Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Mythbuster post: Does spinning give me big bulky legs?


MYTH

I challenge you to ask the next big buff guy you see and ask him how to achieve big bulky muscular leg.  I 100% guarantee you, his answer will not be spinning.  I give you the extra bonus challenge to ask him a follow up question...Does spinning give you big bulky muscular legs.  Warning:  He may laugh in your face.

The answer is NO.  Spinning will  not give you big bulky legs.  In fact it will do the opposite.  Spinning will creat lean muscular legs.  Next time you are in your car or walking along the beach check out all those bikers on the road bikes.  They have a very lean muscular physique.  In fact, I am a little jealous of their calves.

Don't be afraid to add resistance to the wheel next time you are in spin class.  It is the resistance that helps to build strength and work the quads the most.  The quads are the largest muscle in the body.  The more you work them, the more calories you will burn, which can lead to weight-loss...of course paired with a healthy diet.  If you keep getting bigger, chances are your diet needs a little fixing.  Now you may feel your clothes fitting differently but that is only because you are waking up new muscles and gaining strength.  Muscles are dense and weigh more than fat, but their density is what makes a muscular body leaner than a fat body.

 Blast anywhere from 300-400 calories just in one half hour of spinning class.  If that isn't speaking enough for itself then I don't know what is.  Your body can't be in aerobic and anaerobic stages at the same time.  Spin is aerobic and will melt that fat away!

Remember to put on that resistance.  Chances are your spin teacher isn't keeping you on that resistance for very long.  You'd have to be climbing up hills for days to get bulky and that is not what spinning is about.  In fact the 30/30 class is a perfect balance of cardio calorie blasting spin, paired with long lean muscle building pilates!

1 comment:

  1. I was married at 32 and immediately tried to get pregnant. When I was unable to conceive I had blood tests for fertility and was told that I had an FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) of 54 and would not be able to have children. Even though the doctors knew that I had been diagnosed with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis since age 25, no one bothered to check my thyroid levels. my TSH was measured at .001. My Synthroid dosage was lowered. a friend advise me to contact a spiritualist who help with fertility with his medicine, i collected his contact and explain my situation to him he prepared for me a herbal medicine which i took as describe by him. became pregnant very quickly, I had a successful pregnancy. I have my baby august 2017. to get pregnant at age 35 with my 2nd child in september 2019, thank you sir , this is his email contact if you require his help babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka









    I was married at 32 and immediately tried to get pregnant. When I was unable to conceive I had blood tests for fertility and was told that I had an FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) of 54 and would not be able to have children. Even though the doctors knew that I had been diagnosed with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis since age 25, no one bothered to check my thyroid levels. my TSH was measured at .001. My Synthroid dosage was lowered. a friend advise me to contact a spiritualist who help with fertility with his medicine, i collected his contact and explain my situation to him he prepared for me a herbal medicine which i took as describe by him. became pregnant very quickly, I had a successful pregnancy. I have my baby august 2017. to get pregnant at age 35 with my 2nd child in september 2019, thank you sir , this is his email contact if you require his help babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka

    ReplyDelete