Thursday, February 7, 2013

Ouch, my foot…

I walk, I bike, I run, I swim, I do cardio barre, spin and of course pilates…I'm super active, particularly because it's part of my career. But once in a while, working out can be a huge pain in the...FOOT! My arches tend to hurt, especially after a few days of intense working out. I

This happens to all of us, and the question on everyone's minds is usually how can you quickly ease the pain? Well, if no one is around to rub your feet (gross!)  an easier way to get a great stretch is to use a golf ball. You heard me right! Put any type of golf ball (doesn’t have to be high-end) and place it in the middle of your arch. Now, take your time and allow the bottom of your foot to move around the ball. Do it hard enough so you feel a stretch. Your feet will thank you for it.

Also make sure you are using great shoes. Head over to your nearest shoe shop and have them fit you for the perfect type of running or cardio shoe - because you may be using the wrong shoe and really hurting your tootsies long term.

1 comment:

  1. I have been doing this with a lacrosse ball! Feels so good!

    ReplyDelete