Friday, January 14, 2011

Heather Does Breakfast


I know how many times you may have heard this, but it's true! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day....

Skipping breakfast can set you on the path to having a really bad day.

What are some of the benefits of having a healthy, hearty breakfast? (and I'm not talking bacon and eggs either).

  • Reduces your hunger later on in the day
  • Less snacking later in the day
  • People who eat breakfast regularly make healthier eating choices throughout the day

So having said that, what breakfasts do I recommend? I actually have two new favorite breakfasts - one cold and one hot depending on my mood. Each one takes only three minutes to make, which is just what I need, because we're all busy people who are always on the go in LA.

Cold:

  • One scoop of Clean Nourish in vanilla - 90 calories
  • One scoop of Sun Warrior vanilla protein powder - 70 calories
  • One cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk - 40 calories

Hot:

  • Half cup of oatmeal - 150 calories
  • Half a scoop of sun warrior protein powder - 35calories
  • One tablespoon of chia seeds - 35 calories
  • A dash of cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment