Tuesday, November 12, 2013

"Come on get happy"

I recently came across a great article on 

"10 Characteristics of a Happy Person" 

Even though I think all of the items listed are important, I want to touch on the topic of number 6!

'6. Happy people not only know how to eat well, they also know how to feed their body with great quality food. In addition to this, they also follow a regular exercise routine. This is because they believe in self care and work at reaching the epitome of mental and physical strength.'

For the full article, follow this link!

A large problem with working out and achieving a certain physique is all about aesthetics.  Now I am not saying that is the reason you work out, but it is a large misconception placed on the industry.  Sure there are a lot of people just doing it for the aesthetics, but I am going out on a limb and saying that I can guarantee they are not your role model of a happy person.  It takes great sacrifices to achieve a certain level of leanness and I personally do not believe these people are mentally happy...at least not in the long run.

It is important to create a balance and as the quote says above, happy people believe in self care mentally and physically.  It is equally important if not more important to be mentally healthy.  A healthy body doesn't mean one is super lean and full of muscles.  Health comes in all shapes and sizes.  For most the only way to achieve an optimal physique is actually to be happy...I know kind of sounds like a catch 22.  If you focus on mentally being happy the rest will fall into place.  Be true to yourself.  

For me I have found this through, dance, running and Pilates.  Each one gives you the opportunity to focus on your mind and your thoughts while working your body!  The best of both worlds, working mental health and physical health!


No comments:

Post a Comment