Friday, November 22, 2013

Secret Ingredient Maple Pumpkin Blondies

Today is brought to you by…

CHICKPEAS

(the secret ingredient)


I have been seeing recipes popping up about baked goods made with chickpeas.  We all can relate to chickpeas and their deliciousness, through the most common food, hummus.  But to fully wrap my head around something that I enjoy dipping raw vegetables in to now all of a sudden be in a dessert, let alone a dessert I would enjoy…it took me a bit to break down and give it a try.

I suggest you do not hesitate like I did, because chickpeas is genius.  You cannot taste and thing and turns baked goods into something more healthy for the mind, body and soul.

Maple Pumpkin Chickpea Blondies

*1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
*1/2 cup almond butter
*2 tsp vanilla extract
*2 options: either 2tsp maple extract and 1/4 cup honey OR 1/4 cup maple syrup 
(I did option one because I had no maple syrup on hand)
*1 tsp baking soda
*1 tsp baking powder
*1/3 cup vegan carob chips, plus some to sprinkle on top
*1/4 tsp salt
*1/4 cup pumpkin puree



-Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
-Place all ingredients into food process or except carob chips, process until smooth


Mix in 1/3 carob chips (I used a bowl)
Pour mixture into greased baking dish, size is up to you
Sprinkle additional chips on top

Cook for 30-45 minutes (depends on oven and placement)
When they are done a fork or toothpick will come out clean
Make sure you do not over dry



I tried these while they were still warm and cold.  I preferred them better warm.  Every time you go back for another, I suggest warming it a bit.  Totally up to you but happy eating!



No comments:

Post a Comment