Saturday, November 9, 2013

Running Lessons

I love to run.

I love taking time out of my day to run.  It is when I get to do something healthy for myself, as well as really just zone out and listen to my body and my thoughts.  Throughout my runs I have learned a lot of things.  Some of my greatest mantras and ideas come while I am running.  Today I thought I would share some of those mantras and lessons I have learned while running.

Life Running Lessons 101

~ Remember to always breathe...remembering this can help you in all aspects of life


~Never Give Up...there are always times when you will question whether it is worth it, I say if you started it then you at least knew you wanted to finish it or continue along the path.  It may no go exactly as planned, but never give up.  Always strive forward.

~Enjoy the Journey...don't waste energy on negativity.  It is harder to be negative than positive.  Enjoy all parts of the journey: big, small, highs, lows, hard work, etc.



~Sometimes you are alone in your journey...and sometimes you need the alone time to focus.  These moments are critical in the process.

~Do it for yourself...it is your life, do it for you and no one else

~No one can do it for you...simple as that.

~Listen to your body...you will have good days and bad days, even when you think nothing has changed to determine the outcome different from the previous day.  Accept this will happen, accept the process and don't beat yourself up over it.  Your body is smart, listen to it!

~Listen to your heart...if you heart isn't in it, your mind and body aren't in it.  Do what you love.

~Have fun...as much as possible



~Love your life...it is the only one you have


~Love your family..and keep them close!



No comments:

Post a Comment