Thursday, February 2, 2012

What's For Breakfast?




The other day someone asked me, what's the perfect breakfast, especially when you are trying to lose weight or keep fit?


It's a tough question, because everyone has different tastes and metabolism.

So I like to give as an example the type of breakfast that I might eat on a typical day. I like to keep it light, but sweet, because that keeps me full until lunchtime.

I might have gluten-free oatmeal with fresh berries. Sometimes I might also sprinkle a few Chia seeds on top. If you need a little bit more sweetness add a teaspoon of honey. But not too much.

Another favorite of mine and of many of my healthy friends is an egg white omelet with all kinds of of veggies. I top this off with fresh salsa and one slice of Ezekiel bread, which is really hearty, so it keeps you satisfied for a while.

One of my friends sometimes does raw food cleanse programs. When she's on those, she has found that the best, easiest way to go each morning is the simplest: a raw, vegan bar like a Earthling Organic's Raw Bar, with a banana, followed by green tea. That's especially useful for those who like to eat more on the sweet side in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment