Wednesday, October 9, 2013

PP Instructor Feature: Beth

Beth Ella Bedingfield

- I have been teaching Pilates for 2 years. 

- I love motivating, encouraging and helping people in general. Any job that would allow me to do so I would be passionate about. However, the type of Pilates we teach is nothing like any type of exercise out, and I'm addicted, so it's easy to love what you do. 

- Don't know that I really have a motto. However, I try to be tough and motivating without discouraging anyone. Fitness is just as much mental as it is physical, and I believe being a good instructor is helping people mentally engage and challenge their bodies without feeling defeated by the end of the workout. 

- The cool thing about the studio is no matter what trainer you have every experience will be different, and I LOVE THAT. I am a very difficult instructor, but I never want it to be impossible. I play my music loud, I LOVE hip hop, and my goal is to not only instruct and motivate the class, but to also create in environment for the clients that they can get into a state of focus and improve their Pilates practice and increase their strength. I have high energy, and I train at a very high intensity, but will also help those who are newer to be able to get through and finish the workout without feeling defeated. My class does plenty of booty, and abs, two of my favorite things to work :) 

- What makes everyone unique is that none of us are the same. Everyone will gravitate toward different training styles or personalities. The way I train is unique because it shows a lot of my personality. I come from a Collegiate track background. I've learned to push my body to different limits my entire life. I think it's important for every trainer to know exactly what they are putting their class through feels like. If you don't know how it feels, there is no way you can instruct. I am very passionate about what I do and I genuinely care about people getting the best workout they can, and hopefully that shows in my teaching. :)

1 comment:

  1. A good instructor is one that has genuine concern for his or her students when it comes to their performance, improvements and most of all, their wellness. It is natural to be hard but not to the point that it demoralizes the students. :)
    - NormaJeanPilates.com

    ReplyDelete