Thursday, October 3, 2013

PP Instructor Feature: The Piper Sunrise

Ms. Piper






1. What inspired you to become an SPX Pilates Instructor? 

I fell in love with the Pilates Platinum workout before my first session even ended. After the first week, it was apparent that this is the most intelligent and effective total-body conditioning method I had ever tried. And THEN when I saw the results-- I knew I couldn't stop! I want to share my love for the Megaformer, because this is something that makes me happy. And I teach in the hopes that other people will find something that brings them joy too.

2. What is your favorite exercise to put your class through?

I love the Essential Abs Series on the Megaformer-- Wheelbarrow, Plank to Pike, and Bear ALL.DAY.EVERYDAY!

3. Which exercise do you think is the most challenging or most effective?

I think the Scrambled Eggs is the best exercise for their entire body-- It's arms, abs, legs. It's balance, flexibility, strength, and it sure does bring on the sweat!

4. What is your favorite way to exercise?

I only do exercise that feels like fun. Pilates Platinum, rock climbing, the occasional bootcamp, barre, or yoga. But mostly, on the days I workout, I go all out, and on the days I'm not, I'm resting completely. Actually, my classes are exactly how I like to workout-- Lots of intensity while you're exercising. And well deserved rest… AFTER once class is done ::laughs::

5. What is your favorite healthy food and what is your favorite unhealthy food?

On the healthier side, I am obsessed with eggs. Obsessed! I eat them every morning. And often times try to sneak them in as a snack during the day. (Hm… I wonder if that's why I think Scrambled Eggs is the most effective exercise you can do on the Megaformer...) On the darker side as a fitness fanatic, I have a serious pasty problem. Actually now that I think of it, I might just have a soft spot for breakfast foods. I just try to stick to the ones that won't turn my entire waistline into a soft spot.

6. What is your most unique quality?

Aw shucks, isn't that hard to say? I'm uncannily talented at board games-- I'll give myself that. #allidoiswin

7. Where is your favorite place in LA and why?

At the risk of sounding like a shut-in, I love being at home in Santa Monica-- With two sweet puppies (Okay, they're full-grown dogs), a wonderful beau (So, mostly wonderful), and a refrigerator stocked with eggs (No addendum to that one!) I have a lot to look forward to when I'm at home.

8. Simply put, why should someone take class at Platinum or why SPX Pilates?

Come find out what the best version of yourself can do.

9. Where do you find inspiration?

I think the best inspiration is the kind that catches you off-guard when you're not really looking to be inspired. The best part, is that kind of inspiration is everywhere if you keep yourself open. Hint: Smiling helps.

10. Describe the energy and type of music you like to play for class.

Oh my-- I almost feel like this question would be better answered by people that have taken my class. The energy is on full-blast, and the music is too. It's kind of like a rowdy party: You're going to laugh. You'll want to dance. You might cry. And someone will probably spill their drink. You'll leave sweaty and wasted-- But reliving the achievements until next time. 

11. What is one piece of advice you'd like to share with the Platinum Blog readers?

Only do things that serve you well. (…Hang in there-- you're getting stronger.)

12. If you we're to have a cocktail named after you what would the ingredients be?

The Piper Sunrise: Two parts adventure, one part laugher, and a pinch of disco. Served in a highball glass on the rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment