Thursday, February 13, 2014

Get Outside

As I mentioned in January, I want to take a moment to share with you some of my favorite things I did, or saw, or was inspired by, while spending time outside and in nature throughout the month. While most of the country was bundled up fighting the Polar Vortex, we Californian’s were lucky enough to spend a lot of time outside this February- with several days in the high 70’s and 80’s I was even able to sneak in some Beach Days! Look on for some pictures from my month outside. J

February Get Outside Highlights:
1. Farmer’s Market berries make me happy! I love supporting local suppliers and farmers, and I really love fresh raspberries. This bunch didn’t last very long! 
2. The Cutes – 50 Year Trail! This was the toughest and most beautiful 6-mile trail run I’ve ever been on. Here’s a shot of me with my guide from my recent stay at Miraval in Tucson, AZ.
3. I  recently enjoyed a sunset-sweat session with a friend. You don’t have to go to a gym to get a good workout! This photo was taken from the top step on the grounds at the Pacific Design Center in West Hollywood. We did tricep-dips and pushups off the stairs, and ran laps around the beautiful water fountains among other exercises. What a view! It’s sometimes nice to Get Outside and get creative with workouts in your neighborhood.
4. The drought may have affected the greenery a bit, but that didn’t stop me from admiring and the beautiful, and newly planted, succulent garden at the West Hollywood Library and park.



No comments:

Post a Comment