Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Trainer Tuesday! A Day in the Life of Leah Polcyn

I’d like to share a new Pilates Platinum blog series with you… Trainer Tuesday! Each Tuesday, you’ll get a glimpse of A Day in the Life of a Pilates Platinum instructor. You’ll get to know some of your favorite trainers a bit more as they fill you in on their Trainer Tips, share their own personal workout and eating schedules, as well as tell you what inspires them each and every day. 
Check out our first featured trainer, Leah, below! I hope she will inspire you and that you get a chance to take one of her classes at the Brentwood studio!

Introducing…
A Day in the Life of Leah Polcyn
Pilates and Spin Instructor (Brentwood Studio)
@CommonBurn
What are your favorite Pilates moves? 
French twist and back lunge. 

What is one of your favorite non-Pilates workouts? 
I love outdoor activities! Soccer, beach volleyball and ultimate frisbee. I also love Barry's Bootcamp and power yoga. 

What’s your exercise routine like for a typical week?
Monday: Soccer 
Tuesday: Spin
Wednesday: Ultimate frisbee, Pilates or yoga
Thursday: Spin
Friday: Pilates, yoga or bootcamp
Saturday: Something fun outside!
Sunday: Soccer 

What are some of your favorite healthy foods?
I love veggies mixed all together and sautéed. It's filling but feels good for the soul. I also love chia seeds mixed with almond milk, cinnamon and honey. It's a great breakfast or snack. 

Walk us through your workout and eating schedule for a typical day. 
When do you wake up? If I'm not teaching early I will usually get up around 7am 

What do you eat for breakfast?
If I'm on the run a banana is my go-to. If I have time I love veggies and eggs. 

What do you do in the first half of a typical day?
Usually spend some time in the morning with my dog, then I search for new music for my classes. Will try and get to yoga or Pilates if I don't have cardio that day. 

What do you eat for lunch?
It's always different. Love tender greens, sage and veggie grill. If I'm feeling naughty, Mexican food is my favorite!

What do you do during a typical afternoon?
Usually I run errands, work at home for a bit and walk my dog. 

What do you eat for dinner?
Dinner has been hard to keep regular because we are remodeling our house and don't have a kitchen. My husband is a wonderful cook, and we are starting to learn how to cook more plant based food!
What do you do for a workout on a typical day?
Either cardio or strength. It's important for my emotional well-being to always get my heart pumping. Yoga Pilates and outdoor sports are my regulars. 

What do you do on a typical night? 
I love seeing my friends for a happy hour drink and snack. It's such a great way to unwind. I also love watching movies with my husband. We get obsessed when we find a new series to watch on netflix or hbo!

What time do you go to sleep?
I try and be in bed by 10 or 11pm

What’s your favorite part of your day?
I love seeing my clients break barriers and get stronger. It's an amazing process. 

What’s your biggest source of inspiration…what keeps you going everyday?
I am inspired by the idea of mental strength. Anything can be achieved when the mind says it can. 

What are your trainer tips or words of advice for people interested in Pilates and a healthy lifestyle?
The only way to get better at something is to keep doing it. Failure is humbling. Get up and move on!!

Check out more about Leah and her classes in this short video HERE!.


1 comment:

  1. Wow!! We will get each Tuesday Pilates Platinum instructor. I like your blog. I already bookmarks your blog. So i can get more information about it. Keep it up my friend. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete