Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Secret Morning Ritual

Here’s something you might not know about me: I have a secret morning ritual that helps me stay healthy and feel great every single day. It’s actually not that big of a secret at all, and you can all do it too!

I drink warm lemon water within 20 minutes of waking up.
I know that may not sound like a big deal, but to me, it’s the best way to start my day and the health benefits are amazing! Of course, I often follow my morning drink with an espresso, latte, or green tea, but I really love the way I feel when I begin the day with fresh citrus-y lemon water. Plus, lemons are natural energizers- they hydrate and oxygenate the body so you feel revitalized and refreshed.

Here are some more benefits of drinking lemon water:
-Boosts your immune system! Lemons are high in Vitamin C and potassium. Vitamin C fights colds, and potassium stimulates brain and nerve function.

-Balances your body’s pH! Even though lemons are acidic, inside of our body they’re incredibly alkaline.

-Flushes out body toxins and helps with digestion! It stimulates the gastrointestinal tract and is high in minerals and vitamins, which help rid the body of toxins.

-Rejuvenates skin and decreases wrinkles and blemishes! The vitamin C helps with blemishes- it really does amazing wonders for your skin. It also purges toxins from the blood which helps keep the skin clear.

-Excellent for weight loss! Lemons are high in pectic fiber, which assists in fighting hunger cravings. It’s also been proven that people who have a more alkaline diet lose weight faster.

-Reduces pain and inflammation in joints and knees! Lemon water dissolves uric acid, which relieves joint pain.

-Helps build strong bones in a child (for pregnant and lactating women) due to its high calcium content.



It’s simple- just boil some water, and cut a lemon in half. When the water’s ready, pour it into your favorite mug and squeeze in the juice of half a lemon. Try it for a week and share your results in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment