Monday, September 30, 2013

PP Instructor Feature


Hilary Curwen






What inspired you to become a Pilates/spin instructor or what inspired you to want to be a part of platinum?
I was a client first, while I was a personal trainer. I found myself happiest when doing pilates, then started integrating it into my training. I decided then that I would just go full on with teaching pilatesI was spinning since highschool and thought.. "hey I can do this too!"

What is your favorite exercise to put your class through?
Plank Wheelbarrel

Which exercise do you think is the most challenging or most effective?
Bunjee... we hate it but it WORKS

What is your favorite way to exercise?
Changing it up consistently. I never want anything to be easy. I try to beat my own time when I run, or when I do yoga I go for the posture that really challenges my balance to the point where I do fall.

What is your favorite healthy food and what is your favorite unhealthy food?
Roasted Cauliflower.  Ice cream..

What is your most unique quality?
I am super independent.

Where is your favorite place in LA and why?
Brentwood farmers market... I have a health food addiction and love grocery shopping.

In one sentence...why should someone take class at platinum or why spx Pilates?
The time goes by so fast and you know you have fatigued your body.

Where do you find inspiration?
My mom:)

Describe the energy and type of music you like to play for class.
I listen to EVERYTHING, and play Top 40's, and mashup and remixes.

What is one piece of advice you'd like to share with the platinum blog reader.
Stick with it, you have one body.

And last but not least. If you we're to have a cocktail named after you what would the ingredients be. If you can think of its name share that as well :-)-- 
coconut water, vodka, fresh mint, juiced strawberry 

No comments:

Post a Comment