Saturday, September 14, 2013

PP Spin Instructor Feature



MEET LIZY BEFORE




MEET LIZY NOW 
after losing 65lbs



 What inspired you to become a Pilates/spin instructor or what inspired you to want to be a part of platinum? I used to weigh about 65 pounds more than I do now but was able to transform my body and, more importantly my respect for it, when I committed to healthy eating and discovered spin. I would love to help motivate people to find a similar self-acceptance, which is why I became a spin instructor! Since Pilates Platinum is all about self-transformation, motivation and developing and maintaining healthy habits, I knew it was the place where I wanted to train. 

What is your favorite exercise to put your class through? I love a good hill--sometimes they can be cathartic! 

Which exercise do you think is the most challenging or most effective? I find intervals particularly challenging since they require mental endurance in addition to physical.

What is your favorite way to exercise? The 30/30 spin and pilates class is my absolute favorite exercise. 

What is your favorite healthy food and what is your favorite unhealthy food? I'm pretty obsessed with spaghetti squash and chocolate chip banana bread. Maybe not together, although that's sounding pretty delicious. 

What is your most unique quality? I always try to find the silver lining in any situation and to see struggles as opportunities.

Where is your favorite place in LA and why? The tea room at the Huntington Gardens. Who doesn't love wearing florals and eating finger sandwiches?

In one sentence...why should someone take class at platinum or why spx Pilates?
Where do you find inspiration? 
I'm an energetic guide who's going to push you, but not force you, to work hard and outside of your comfort zone. 

Describe the energy and type of music you like to play for class.
 I'll play anything with a strong beat but love top 40s and strong female pop. 

What is one piece of advice you'd like to share with the platinum blog reader. 
Once you stop judging yourself that's when the changes happen!

And last but not least. If you we're to have a cocktail named after you what would the ingredients be. If you can think of its name share that as well :-) 
The Hermia--a shot of blanco tequila and cayenne--like Shakespeare says, though she be but little, she is fierce!


Each instructor can be found on our schedule, here, see if the time they teach works for you and stop on into one of their classes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment