Thursday, January 16, 2014

Cool find: Uashmama

I’m constantly on the hunt for interesting products and businesses. I like making things to give as hostess gifts, birthday presents, and other occasions, but often I need to throw something together quickly and need a little help to stay creative. My go-to gift item usually consists of a package of a few small things that each have a special meaning to the recipient- a favorite flower or wine, a card and a trinket, or even something I baked.

I recently came across a company that I love for so many reasons: Uashmama. Uashmama, pronounced “Wash Mama”, is one of my new favorite brands. The company, run by 4 sisters in Tuscany, Italy, hand-makes amazing paper bags that feel like leather, wash like fabric, and are completely malleable so you can use them for anything you can dream of. They come in 7 sizes (XS-XXL, and Giant) and are perfect for displaying around your home or for filling up with goodies to give as gifts like I’m planning on doing. They are beautiful AND sustainable! All of the bags are made from virgin paper fiber and responsibly harvested through cultivation (no deforestation!). Visit the Uashmama Website or find a stockiest near you and start falling in love. 









No comments:

Post a Comment