Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Get Outside!


This holiday season I was able to spend some time with my family in Vail, Colorado. While away from home, I challenged myself to new exercises in my hotel, bonded with family over a healthy après ski soup, and took advantage of the weather by waking up every day and hitting the slopes!

(I can attest that the endless amount of Spider Kicks, Bungees, and Skater moves in Pilates class helped prepare me for actually skiing DOWN the mountain. For those who haven’t read my blog post titled, “How Pilates is Beneficial for Winter Sports”, I talk about types of Pilates exercises that target the muscle groups used while skiing.)

Skiing and playing in the snow reminded me of how much I enjoy the outdoors. Whether it’s the massive snow-covered Rockies, or the beautiful hiking trails I frequent in Los Angeles, I love to get outside and appreciate the beauty of nature.

As this New Year begins, I’m going to begin something new for the blog, too. Each month I’ll be posting a list of my favorite moments spent in nature! I’m lucky enough to live in an area with an extraordinary amount of beauty just outside my front door and I’m looking forward to sharing my appreciation of it all with you!

January 2014 Get Outside Highlights:

1. The sun was shining bright as I started a day of skiing during my recent visit to Vail.
 
2. The open hillsides were filled with beautiful, untouched snow during a cross-country ski excursion in Vail. There are 17km of trails in the area just for cross-country skiing! Check out the Vail Nordic Center at www.vailnordiccenter.com for more information if you are heading to CO and want to give it a try!
3. Malibu beaches never disappoint! I took a little break to take this photo while on a run this past month along the Malibu coast.
 
4. Hiking Franklin Canyon is a great way to fit in a workout AND spend time in nature. This spot is so peaceful and tucked away that you almost forget you’re in the middle of Los Angeles.



No comments:

Post a Comment