Thursday, March 13, 2014

Cool Find: GUNPOWDER

Don't let the name scare you- GUNPOWDER is all about TEA!

With studios both in Santa Monica and Venice Beach, I spend quite a bit of time on the West Side. I enjoy my morning beach runs and hikes along the coast, and I also enjoy strolling along the main streets of SM and Venice, checking out other local businesses.

I indulge in a drip coffee from Intelligentsia every now and then, and frequent Main Squeeze for my green juices, but I recently heard about a new spot I and decided to check it out: Gunpowder! Like I said above…don't let the name scare you, it's all about tea!

This 24-hour tea-room, located on Main St. in Venice, offers an new-age experience in a hip enrivonment for all of us tea drinkers out there.
I tried the Gunshot (!) which is a “blend of roasted chicory, cacao, dandelion and guayusa” that’s served like an espresso shot and has twice the antioxidants of green tea due to the guayusa. The shot was super affordable, at $2.00, and I’ve never tasted anything else like it. My favorite part- you can also order it with frothed coconut or almond milk and make it a latte! Mmmmmm!

The shop is a great place to meet friends and try something new- filled with comfy couches and plenty of workspaces too. Check it out next time you’re in the mood for a caffeine fix!

GUNPOWDER
Tea Lab | Bakery | Workspace | Hangout
(301)422-6138
Open 24 hours!


Facebook: GUNPOWDER
@drinkGUNPOWDER


No comments:

Post a Comment