Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Trainer Tuesday! A Day in the Life of Nicole Day

Today Pilates Platinum is highlighting Nicole! Some of you may have recently caught her on last week's The Mentalist, or cheered her on as she crossed the finish line during the LA Marathon- Nicole spends a lot of time acting, producing, making films, performing improv and writing, and don't' forget, teaching Pilates! Read on to see a day in her life- including her #1 Trainer Tip!

A Day in the Life of Nicole Day
Pilates Instructor (Brentwood and Hollywood Studios)
What are your favorite Pilates moves? 
Leg sweep, all day, everyday. Kneeling reverse inner thighs. Lunges. All of them. Specifically giant reverse and super lunge.

What is one of your favorite non-Pilates workouts? 
I love Spin. Brian Evans Spin class at Pilates Platinum. Ben B and Cate B at Soul Cycle. Hot 8 Yoga. And when I'm in that part of town, Yoga Shelter in Studio City is phenomenal. 

What’s your exercise routine like for a typical week?
I'm busy. Very busy. But no matter what, I make sure I work out 3 times a week. That usually consists of 1 pilates and 2 spin. If I have extra time, a hot yoga class or an additional pilates class.


What are some of your favorite healthy foods?

I'm a Whole Foods rat. I could eat fruits and vegetables all day. Smoothies! Smoothies are the best. Earthbar, Nekter, Liquid. Acai bowls, too. 


5. What does your workout and eating schedule for a typical day like?
This is such a stressful question, because all of my clients are so fit. I am not perfect!!! Here it goes: 
When do you wake up? 
Super freaking early, so I can teach everyone pilates. 
What do you eat for breakfast?
I eat either a Chocolate Chip Cliff Bar. Oatmega Bars are good too. I always make sure to have something in my stomach in the morning, so my metabolism starts.
What do you do in the first half of a typical day?
Teach pilates.
What do you eat for lunch? 
I always eat out! I'm out a lot. I wish I had a steadier schedule so I could cook for myself more. 
What do you do during a typical afternoon? 
Working on all of my different creative projects. 
What do you eat for dinner?
Usually chicken. Chicken's the only meat I eat. Lots of chicken. 
What do you do for a workout on a typical day?
Spin or pilates.
What do you do on a typical night? 
Perform in comedy shows. I perform at UCB, IO West and all over town. Check em out! Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre | IO Improv 

What time do you go to sleep?
I have no set schedule. Sometimes late, sometimes early. 
What’s your favorite part of your day?
Talking to my parents on the phone. They're the best.
 

What’s your biggest source of inspiration…what keeps you going everyday?
My Mom and Dad! I love my Mom and Dad very much. I have amazing friends. And Brene Brown! She's great. Check her out! 

What are your trainer tips or words of advice for people interested in Pilates and a healthy lifestyle?
Don't eat crap. That's huge. My #1 tip wouldn't be to work out more. My #1 tip is to not eat crap, and watch your calories. Then, make a set fitness goal every week to accomplish no matter how busy you get. Like for me, no matter what, I exercise 3 times a week. I used to just wait till I felt out of shape, and then worked out. Not the smartest plan. Stay on top of it so you never feel out of shape! Drink water!!! Drink so much water. Your skin will look amazing and you will feel amazing. I stay away from the excess of supplements out there. Just eat healthy. The diet you need is what your recommended calorie intake is for the day. And if you want to lose weight, eat like a couple hundred less for the day. 

See more of Nicole in her Trainer Bio video HERE!

1 comment:

  1. I was married at 32 and immediately tried to get pregnant. When I was unable to conceive I had blood tests for fertility and was told that I had an FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) of 54 and would not be able to have children. Even though the doctors knew that I had been diagnosed with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis since age 25, no one bothered to check my thyroid levels. my TSH was measured at .001. My Synthroid dosage was lowered. a friend advise me to contact a spiritualist who help with fertility with his medicine, i collected his contact and explain my situation to him he prepared for me a herbal medicine which i took as describe by him. became pregnant very quickly, I had a successful pregnancy. I have my baby august 2017. to get pregnant at age 35 with my 2nd child in september 2019, thank you sir , this is his email contact if you require his help babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka













    I was married at 32 and immediately tried to get pregnant. When I was unable to conceive I had blood tests for fertility and was told that I had an FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) of 54 and would not be able to have children. Even though the doctors knew that I had been diagnosed with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis since age 25, no one bothered to check my thyroid levels. my TSH was measured at .001. My Synthroid dosage was lowered. a friend advise me to contact a spiritualist who help with fertility with his medicine, i collected his contact and explain my situation to him he prepared for me a herbal medicine which i took as describe by him. became pregnant very quickly, I had a successful pregnancy. I have my baby august 2017. to get pregnant at age 35 with my 2nd child in september 2019, thank you sir , this is his email contact if you require his help babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka

    ReplyDelete